What kind of data do we collect?
We survey undergraduate students, graduate students and faculty members in computing department separately. All of our surveys assess:
- Past experiences (e.g., participation in intervention programs)
- Knowledge and confidence in one’s ability to continue one’s career path
- Sense of belonging in the field of computing
- Intrinsic interest in computing
- Perceptions of one’s department (e.g., “chilly” versus supportive)
- Breadth of one’s professional network
- Persistence in computing (e.g., Ph.D. program enrollment; job placement)
- Successes (e.g., publications; awards)
- Demographic information
To obtain a comprehensive list of our survey items, please contact us.